With 23 years of experience working in the environmental and fire management industry, Brett has had an extensive public service career in both SA and NT working for Department for Water (DEW) and Bushfires NT.
Brett is widely recognised for his knowledge and experience in bushfire mitigation, response, and emergency management throughout Australia. Internationally he is recognised with 3 deployments to North America.
Brett has worked with many agencies and stakeholders to develop and deliver fire management programs including fire management plans, detailed risk assessments and emergency management planning, prescribed burning, fuel mitigation plans, policies, procedures, and Nationally Accredited Training packages.
- Bachelor of Applied Science – Conservation and Land Management.
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
- Nationally Accredited Prescribed Burning (Plan and Conduct Complex Prescribed Burns)
- Wildfire Origin and Cause Determination
- Incendiary Operations Supervisor and Air Observer
- Bushfire Attack Level Assesso